Interested in a career at Pinnacle?
ACCOUNTANT (COLUMBIA, MD)
Pinnacle Advisory Group is a private wealth management firm, founded in 1993 headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with offices in Miami and Naples, Florida. We work with more than 1,250 families and manage over $2 billion in assets for clients both in the mid-Atlantic region, and around the world. We serve as our clients’ personal Chief Financial Officer, and ensure their overall financial goals are met in a responsible way, through the combination of comprehensive financial planning and active portfolio management. We are seeking a talented energetic staff accountant to join our team and take on broad range of challenges.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Manage and process efficient accounts payable and expense reimbursement process, including invoice review, vendor coordination, payments and accurate journal entries
- Assist in Accounts Receivable Process by reconciling billing reports and recording revenue collected
- Month-end close procedures, including bank reconciliations, oversight of payroll processing, generation and review of financial statements and/or other regular reports
- Implement new processes and software applications to enhance efficiency within the department
- Assist in annual budget preparation and regular review of performance compared to the budget
- Utilize Quickbooks, Excel and portfolio management software to assist Controller in ad-hoc analysis, business metrics, budget monitoring and strategic planning
- Work on various special projects
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have at least 3+ years’ experience and a solid understanding of cash basis financial statements and accounts payable.
- Experience in processing or reviewing payroll a plus.
- QuickBooks experience, Excel proficiency and the aptitude to learn new systems are required to be a strong performer.
- A successful applicant would also possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize.
Pinnacle Advisory Group, Inc. offers a competitive package of benefits including a 401k with matching contributions, comprehensive healthcare plan, life, disability, and dependent care options plus professional development and paid time-off.
This is a full-time position.
Salary Based on Experience
If you meet our minimum requirements, please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.